It is very important to ensure that your IT/Technology infrastructure is suitable for ezyVet to run optimally after implementation go-live.
1. Internet Requirements
Internet is one of the most important components for a cloud-based application like ezyVet. You will require a quality internet connection (in terms of stability) that is properly filtered with a reliable provider. If you believe your internet connection does not meet these requirements, please either contact your IT provider or the ezyVet team to discuss options.
1.1 Minimum download speed:
- Small practice: 5-10mbps will suffice
- Large practice / hospitals: we recommend 20-30mbps+
If you have any of the issues below, please let us know before you go live with ezyVet, they can nearly always be sorted out.
- Drops out regularly
- Pages load slowly
- Speed test is less than 5 Mbps Download Speed
2. Computer Requirements
As ezyVet is a cloud-based product, the performance requirements of the device are minimal, however, the newer and faster the devices are, the faster ezyVet will operate. If you are replacing any devices, we recommend you consider the following minimum specifications:
I5 Processor or I7 recommended (the newer/faster, the better).
4 GB recommended for Windows Vista/7/8.
4 GB recommended for macOS.
2.3 Operating System
Windows 10 or any version of macOS.
However, please note the following integration compatibility issues:
- Whilst Abaxis Fuse allows for a two-way integration, if you don’t have the Abaxis Fuse and would like to use the Abaxis one-way integration, please note it is only compatible with Windows 7.
- Whilst a Heska two-way integration is also available, the Heska one-way integration is only compatible with Windows 7.
- IDEXX IVLS diagnostic integration is incompatible with macOS and requires Windows 7 or newer.
No specific requirements, although solid state drive recommended.
22-inch screens or larger are recommended for ease of use due to quantity of information being displayed.
2.6 Other Software & Applications
Adobe PDF Reader and Microsoft Office (or similar) recommended for further analysis of reporting.
2.7 Antivirus Software
We recommend using an antivirus that is not too invasive of the web browser.
3. Backup Internet (Optional)
It can be a good idea to consider a backup internet connection via a cell phone network provider. These are fairly inexpensive and provide instant backup if your internet ever had an issue. You could also use a data plan from your smartphone device as a backup.
It is not expensive these days to purchase routers that are suitably built to have cellular redundancy and automatically switch to this where required. Please see your IT provider for details.
4. Recommended Printers, Hardware, and Consumables
4.1 Label Printer
Dymo Label Writer 450 (Recommended).
Thermal Direct (Removable) 70×45 Recommended.
4.3 Barcode Labels (Optional)
Thermal Direct (Removable) 31x22x3 across.
4.4 Barcode Scanner (Optional)
Any USB barcode scanner will be compatible.
4.5 If using any of the following in-house machines:
There needs to be a computer close to the machine with Internet access.
The computer needs to have a static IP address.
Firewall exceptions will need to be set for ezyVet software.
5. Recommended Payment Solutions
- Windcave - ezyVet is a certified Windcave DPS partner in NZ and Australia. Check out some more information at Windcave.